A Transportation Strategic Plan for the City of Walnut Creek
Council Adopts Transportation Strategic Plan!
The Walnut Creek City Council adopted the Rethinking Mobility Transportation Strategic Plan at their October 20, 2020 meeting. The purpose of this Plan for the City of Walnut Creek is to provide implementation strategies to reduce automobile trips, manage parking demand, and enhance access for those walking, biking, and using public transit. Thank you to the City Council, the Commissioners, and the Community who joined us on this effort.
What is Rethinking Mobility about?
The City of Walnut Creek developed this strategic plan to reduce automobile trips and manage parking demand while enhancing access for those walking, biking, and using public transit.
Developing programs and policies to reduce automobile trips and traffic congestion
Improving mobility and access for walking, bicycling, public transit, ridesharing, and other shared mobility services (e.g., bikeshare and scooter share)
“Transit First:” Improving public transit service and promoting it as a “first choice” mobility option
- City Council Meeting (Draft Plan Adopted) on October 20, 2020
- Planning Commission Meeting on January 23, 2020
- Transportation Commission Meeting on January 16, 2020
- City Council Meeting on September 3, 2019
- Joint Transportation Commission/Planning Commission Workshop on July 25, 2019
- Joint Planning Commission Regular / Transportation Commission Special Meeting on April 25, 2019
- City Council Meeting on April 2, 2019
- Planning Commission Meeting on February 14, 2019
- City of Walnut Creek Development Services Forum on February 13, 2019
- Transportation Commission Meeting on January 17, 2019
- Transportation Commission Meeting on September 20, 2018
- Planning Commission Meeting on October 25, 2018
- City Council Meeting on December 18, 2018
All meeting agendas, minutes, and video may be viewed on the City of Walnut Creek website here.