A Transportation Strategic Plan for the City of Walnut Creek
Draft Plan available now!
The purpose of this Transportation Strategic Plan for the City of Walnut Creek is to provide implementation strategies to reduce automobile trips, manage parking demand, and enhance access for those walking, biking, and using public transit. Check out the thirteen strategies found in the document!
What is Rethinking Mobility about?
The City of Walnut Creek is working on a strategic plan to reduce automobile trips and manage parking demand while enhancing access for those walking, biking, and using public transit.
Developing programs and policies to reduce automobile trips and traffic congestion
Improving mobility and access for walking, bicycling, public transit, ridesharing, and other shared mobility services (e.g., bikeshare and scooter share)
“Transit First:” Improving public transit service and promoting it as a “first choice” mobility option
Join us for upcoming public hearings.
We invite you to join us for upcoming public hearings where we’ll present the Draft Plan.
- City Council Meeting on September 3, 2019
- Joint Transportation Commission/Planning Commission Workshop on July 25, 2019
- Joint Planning Commission Regular / Transportation Commission Special Meeting on April 25, 2019
- City Council Meeting on April 2, 2019
- Planning Commission Meeting on February 14, 2019
- City of Walnut Creek Development Services Forum on February 13, 2019
- Transportation Commission Meeting on January 17, 2019
- Transportation Commission Meeting on September 20, 2018
- Planning Commission Meeting on October 25, 2018
- City Council Meeting on December 18, 2018
All meeting agendas, minutes, and video may be viewed on the City of Walnut Creek website here.
Are you interested in receiving project updates?
If you would like to receive updates on the progress of the Transportation Strategic Plan, please enter your email address below.